Cost: $199 + tax per month (3 month minimum)
What is the Peak Centre Running Program?
Like other sporting activities, running fitness must be progressively trained. We also know that there exists a specific, trainable science to running whether you are a beginner or a seasoned veteran.
The PEAK Centre Running Program has been developed to optimize training time, while simultaneously targeting the training of event duration, distance, and intensity requirements at particular times during the year. Not knowing how to properly structure these three elements may result in inefficient training and wasted time.
Aerobic base, aerobic endurance, speed intervals, VO2 max intervals, speed endurance, and specific strength intervals are just a few of the necessary elements that must be trained in a running specific program. Precise identification of each of these elements is necessary for improved performance. Through accurate blood lactate testing (see Assessments), the Peak Centre is able to precisely determine your current running fitness. With this information, exercise physiologists can develop a running-specific training plan to meet your goals.
The Peak Running program includes:
- Accurate blood lactate testing every 3 months
- Development of individual training zones (in km/hr or pace/km and heart rate)
- VO2 Max assessment
- Energy usage analysis for race day nutrition planning
- Resting Metabolic Rate and Body Composition assessment to track weight loss/gain progress.
- Training program design including strength and flexibility training.
- Periodized program progression.
- Program monitoring with one of the Peak Centre’s experienced Exercise Physiologists.
- Access to our training facility and equipment.
Note: Nutritional analysis is available at additional cost.
Specific sport programs for 5 km, 10 km, ½ marathon, marathon and ultra distances are available. Each program is detailed according to an individual’s assessment information, training experience, training time available, and distance of event.
Whether you are an individual training for your first 5 km, 10 km, ½ marathon, or marathon, or an established running group looking for a proven system of training to offer your members, the Peak Centre Running Program will get you to where you want to go …FAST.